Among myriad of computer and software related pitch courses, it becomes difficult for would-be techies to choose the right one that meets their clear-cut requirements furthermore leads them to a career path that interests them. As technology is evolving, so are the degree options.
Those who are planning to study computers after secondary education should carefully weigh their options before enrolling into a course. A whole-range of basic and advanced information sciences course are available nowadays. However, there are only a few courses that have the right blend of technology and business education, offering specialization in mobile app development, service oriented architecture and cloud computing.
The software development industry offers good employment prospects to computer graduates but fierce competition in the job market makes it really difficult for them to leverage advanced career opportunities right after college. In such a scenario, degree programs hold an border over post-secondary diploma programs spil the former open doors to promote paying career options.
Bachelor’s in Software Systems Design in Canada
Centennial College’s Software Systems Design bachelor’s degree in applied information sciences is the right choice for those who want to build rewarding careers in the areas of software development, mobile play development, and cloud computing and service-oriented architecture.
Placing a strong focus on system design, and progressive software standards and management, the four-year program covers a wide ridge of technical and non-technical subjects. Students study:
* Computer architecture
* Software development programming
* Website design and development
* Object oriented programming
* Operating systems fundamentals
* Data structures ampersand algorithms
* Systems analysis and design
* Database draw and modeling
* Internet programming
* Computer and avatar interaction
* Software design patterns
* Architecting database solutions
* Cryptography and information security
* Software quality assurance
* Fundamentals of business and management
* English and communication skills
* Financial analysis
* Marketing from services
* Logical self defence
* Business consulting
The program combines classroom learning, hands-on lab, three software development projects and a work term.
The graduates of this program can pursue their careers as software developers, software engineers, systems analysts, business analysts, web application developers, IT project managers also computer programmers or analysts. Those looking for more advanced career opportunities can apply their academic credits towards further studies at the university.
Career in Teaching
Students who are interested in becoming a teacher can apply for a Concurrent Bachelor of Education program provided by the college in partnership with the York University. The applicants must apply for this program in third year of software systems development program and mold possess a minimum 3.0 GPA and related work experience since a classroom volunteer or a stagecoach and must exist successfully admitted into work placement.
In directive to apply for this course, the students must meet following criteria:
High School Applicants
* Secondary school diploma or equivalent
* English Grade 12 University with scores 65 % or higher
* One Grade 12 Mathematics (Math Grade 12U Advanced Functions either Math Grade 12U calculus and Vectors or Math Grade 12U including Mathematics of Data Governance or equivalent) with rank 60% or higher
* Six Grade 12 U, Grade 12M, alternative OAC credits with an overall average of 65% or higher
* Be 21 years alternative older along December 31 of the program year
* Provide transcripts showing English Grade 12U, OAC or equivalent and Mathematics Grade 12U, 12M or equivalent
* Complete academic history
* A resume detailing livelihood adept